Now here's something that brings back memories. For those not in the know, Beast wars was a spinoff of Transformers in the 90s. Pictured up top is Optimal Optimus; part gorilla, part tank, part jet, and all badass robot. This was one of the coolest toys I ever owned as a kid if for no other reason than because his arms had spring loaded exploding parts in order to...actually I don't know why. Who cares, it was awesome. So over a decade later they come out with this bootleg version of all the Beast Wars toys I had as a kid. Here we have the "Transfornables" with "Animism Defender." This wasn't even some dark corner of the internet; they had these at BigLots. I guess maybe Hasbro sold the molds to make these? Of maybe these people just don't care really hard. These were long discontinued by Hasbro so it looks like you can get away with counterfeiting anything as long as it's old and nobody's making money off it anyway.
So is it an ethical business practice to sell this stuff? Not really, but it sure is funny.


No comments:
Post a Comment